No results

No universities found

Request for consultation

Education System in Turkey

Turkey is fast attaining a reputation as an ideal destination for international students seeking quality educational qualifications. Turkish universities offer high-quality studying programs and they are an integral part of the European education space. There is an increasing number of universities offering programs in English, including engineering, medicine, business, humanities, and finance. In addition, Turkey is one of the most successful countries participating in the exchange programs under Erasmus +. In addition to Erasmus, there are many exchange programs in Turkey, such as Mevlana, Farabi, which support the mobility of students and lecturers.

Do I need to provide a document for language proficiency?

Language of instruction at many Turkish universities is English. Erasmus exchange students and exchange students whose native language is English do not need to provide any documentation, however students whose native language is not English need to provide a proof of English proficiency. Some universities require a minimum level of proficiency in one of the internationally recognized language or entrance examinations (TOEFL, PTE, SAT, etc.), while other universities administer their own academic English language exams.

I’m currently studying in another country; Can I transfer my studies to Turkey?

You can if your current university is recognized in Turkey. All common courses will be transferred after the evaluation process of the University.

How do I obtain my Student Visa for Turkey?

International students who wish to study in Turkey must acquire a visa from the Turkish Consulate in their home country before entering Turkey as the Student Visa will be required for registration to a college or university. Within a month of arrival in Turkey all international students must register with and obtain a Residence Permit (Ikamet Belgesi). This permit is required from the Department of Foreign Section at the Directorate of Security in each province.

Can I study and work in Turkey?

Foreign students can legally work in Turkey after obtaining a Student Residence Permit. However, foreign students who are enrolled in undergraduate or two-year associate programmes can start working in Turkey only after completing their first year of study.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Send your e-mail and find out the first important events in the life of StudyInUniversity